I forgot to post this when I made it last week!!
This quesadilla was delicious. I swear I will make this again and I especially can’t wait to make it for the boyfriend. My recipe is for one, but double it as needed for two or more.
- 1 Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini (or a handful of frozen zucchini, which is what I used)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 flour (or whole wheat!) tortilla
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese (or the 4 cheese Mexican blend, which is what I used)
- Salsa and sour cream to serve
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil and garlic over medium heat. Put chicken on one side of skillet, when you flip the chicken over, add onion and salt; cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and frozen corn kernels to the other side of the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft and corn is tender. Remove from heat.
- Put everything from the skillet into a bowl and add a bit of oil to the bottom of your skillet. Put tortilla on skillet and add cheese to the bottom. Then add chicken/zucchini/onion/corn mixture. Top with cilantro.
- Flip one half of tortilla over (so that it’s a half circle shape) and slide onto plate.
- I put salsa and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
This would also be delicious with shrimp! I would recommend serving it with a coconut lime margarita on the rocks. Recipe for that to come soon 😉